Well, I am not doing to great at keeping this thing updated, but there is a reason why. Unfortunately the recession has hit this household very hard and we have had to shut our company down and start looking for work. This has hit my dh and I hard and we have been a little down in the dumps lately and well, this is supposed to be an uplifting blog. After all, The Lord gave me this name so I could try to encourage, not discourage. So, I am going to post some uplifting scripture regarding Faith:
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Jeremiah 17:5
Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
One of my favorites:
ReplyDelete"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalms 46:10
Continue to thank God for His blessings each day, in individual and family prayer, and you will see all that you still have. I pray that you will find new work for your family soon, and that you can make due with what you have until then, and longer if need be.
Brandy
For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.
ReplyDeleteA time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace.
~Ecclesiastes 3:1-8~
I love this passage! It applies to every time and season in our lives. God provides us with cycles in our lives for a reason...a purpose. The opportunities we discover in the process of these cycles, whether we think they are good or bad, will be the amazing part! ;) The hard part is accepting God's timing of these things and appreciate where we are at in that time and season and I think as well, our attitude needs to continue to be positive.
Look at this time as an adventure, an experience you will be able to share with others and help them through their time and season.
God may be opening a door for you both during this time that seems like a recession but could actually be a blessing! ;)
xoxo Cat
Thank you both, those words are so encouraging :)
ReplyDelete