Friday, December 11, 2009

Wow! It has been almost a month since I posted... I'm really not doing well on updating this little blog. Anyways, things have been going around here and we are still praying for dh to find a good job SOON :)

Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew thier strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.

It also brings to mind a song that we sang in our old church a lot that goes like this:

Wait on the Lord and be of good courage and He will strengthen your heart, wait I say wait, wait upon the Lord, wait I say wait, wait upon the Lord .... it comes from Psalm 27:14

I thought I would post a few recipes that I have made yesterday and today for church Christmas parties (one was the ladies and the other tonight is the youth for dd)



Poor Man Turtles... I first had these at a cookie exchange last year and they are super EASY and sooo YUMMY!!!!


POOR MAN'S TURTLES

1 large bag of small, round pretzels
7 to 8 packages Rolo candies
1 (16-ounce) bag pecan halves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Lay out pretzels on ungreased cookie sheet.

Place a Rolo on top of each pretzel.

Place in 350 degree F oven for 4 minutes. Remove from oven.

Place pecan half on top and press down a little. Cool and serve.


Tonight I made a buffalo chicken dip for dd's party:

Buffalo Chicken Dip

2 cans chicken breast ( I mash it up with a fork)
1 cup of wing sauce
1 block of cream cheese, softened
1 cup of ranch dressing
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

Preheat Oven: 350°

In a large bowl combine: chicken and wing sauce. Stir the softened cream cheese and dressing together add shredded cheese. Fold in the chicken and wing sauce to the cream cheese mixture

Pour mixture into a greased baking dish and. Bake at 350ยบ F for 20 to 25 minutes.

This is divine!!! Serve with corn chip scoops or tortilla scoops or crackers...

No comments:

Post a Comment